Sweet corn is one of the easiest snack which you can make within minutes and enjoy. The natural sweet corn kernels alone gives a good taste. The steamed sweet corn flavored with butter, salt and pepper gives an excellent taste and flavor. I am a big fan of this sweet corn and fresh corn will be much tastier than the frozen one. Also sweet corn is a starchy vegetable high in carbohydrate content. Sweet corns are also used in chat recipes, soups, salads and in many veg and non-veg dishes. By combining it with other foods, you can boost up the nutrient contents even more too.
Preparation Time: 10minutes
Cooking Time: 25minutes
- Sweet corn -1
- Butter -2tsp or as needed
- Salt -1tsp or as needed
- Pepper -2tsp or as needed
- Water -1cup
Remove the outer skin from sweet corn and remove the kernel alone and keep. You can keep it in fridge and use it later as a frozen one else you can use it fresh
- Pressure cook the sweet corn kernels with one cup water for 3whistles in high flame and in low flame for 20minutes. Do not add salt while pressure cooking as it wont get cooked properly
- Let the pressure go by itself. Now open the cooker and take the kernels alone
- Discard the water
- Now add butter and mix well
- Add salt and pepper and mix well
- Buttered sweet corn is now ready!!!
- Serve warm… Enjoy!!!
Step by step Procedure:
Pressure cook the sweet corn kernels with one cup water for 3whistles in high flame and in low flame for 20minutes. Do not add salt while pressure cooking as it wont get cooked properly