Preparation Time: 10minutes
Cooking Time: 15minutes
- Onion -1
- Vazhakai/Plantain -1
- Mustard seeds/kadugu -1tsp
- Curry leaves -a spring
- Chilli powder/milagai thool -1tsp
- Turmeric powder/manjal thool -1/2tsp
- Pepper powder/milagu thool -1/2tsp
- Salt -as required
- Chop or scrap vazhakai into small pieces
- Chop onion to fine pieces
- Pour oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. After it crackles add curry leaves, onion and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Then add vazhakai and fry
- Close with a lid and cook for 5 minutes
- Then add chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt and fry for few minutes
- Vazhakai fry is now ready!!!
Step by step procedure:
Pour oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. After it crackles add curry leaves, onion and fry till it becomes golden brown.